Thursday, June 25, 2015

SUMMER TIME POWER HOUSE!



Hello Fellow Education Lovers!

This summer started off like any other... LAZY! The whole first week I did absolutely NOTHING! It was a well deserved and needed break. I know that you know the feeling. Someone asked me (a fellow teacher), how do we do it? Why do we need naps in the summer to survive and we don't FALL OVER throughout the other 9 months of the year? 

Well my answer to this is simple... WE IGNORE OUR BODIES! We are power houses! We shove those tired feelings into the deep dark pits of our subconscious. To be honest, WE HAVE TO! In order to get the job done we have to power through and be the best teachers we can be (even if that means PURE & UTTER EXHAUSTION). 

The downside of that is... we become ZOMBIES in the summer (at least for a couple weeks). I was in that mode, UNTIL... a fellow teacher (a very close friend) called and said "I have an idea!". She asked me to make her some things and I've been plugging away ever since. She was my inspiration to get a move on and out of my slump. Have you had that inspiration yet this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment