Sunday, February 23, 2014

Integrated Curriculum

Recently I had the delight of participating in a curriclum mapping day for our Common Core implementation. We decided to integrate our reading series, writing, science, and social studies so that they all correlate and address similar content to deepen the understanding of the content found within them. I can say, that I am so excited to implement our curriculum next year! I believe that our students will greatly benefit from this and I am thrilled to already have my year planned. It is a great feeling to know that everyone is on the same page and that at any point in time all I have to do is check our map and I'll know where I need to be and by when. Have you ever done a curriclum map? Did it work out for the better of the students?

No comments:

Post a Comment