Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Back to School

Well, school is back in session and in full swing. So far, I have gained two new students and reorganized most of my classroom. It has been a very productive couple of days. I am always looking for ways for my classroom to function seamlessly and to be organized. My husband bought me some of the plastic drawers, for Christmas, to keep things nice and neat on my reading table and desk. I don't know about you, but with everything we go through throughout the day it is very easy for my desk and surrounding areas to get cluttered with materials. It of course drives me crazy, but unfortunately being a working mom and having so much to do before, after, and during planning (data analysis, planning, grading, etc.) I find it hard to continuously keep things organized and de-cluttered. If anyone has any helpful quick, easy, and maintainable tips for us PLEASE SHARE! I love having the mini (plastic) set of drawers for my desk for nurse passes and bandaids. I use the medium for the bookshelf behind my desk to hold morning work by subject, stickers, writing utensils, math packs for our series, and many other materials. It keeps them very convenient and I never have to walk into my closet for supplies. I recently acquired the large drawers and plan to use them for sub materials and other educational materials that I use for RTI and reading group. My goal this coming year is to find a system that works to keep my class organized without endless hours of sorting and running around replacing everything. Dreaming, you say? Maybe... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment